Arizona Students for Life is a state-wide office created to expand, support, and sustain the pro-life student movement in Arizona.
Arizona’s nearly 30 public colleges and universities contain over 310,000 students. These students are routinely exposed to pro-abortion bias, as they are inundated with a culture of death. The handful of courageous pro-life leaders at these schools are simply overwhelmed at the tragedy that surrounds them, their friends, and their classmates.
The pro-choice propaganda they are indoctrinated with is very effective – and very deadly:
College and university health centers routinely refer students to Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider. Some campus health centers distribute abortifacients like the morning after pill ON CAMPUS.
In many Universities and colleges, the pro-abortion bias extends to blatantly unconstitutional discrimination against pro-life student activists. One Arizona pro-life student organization, Arizona State University Students for Life, had to seek legal help from the Alliance Defense Fund, just to be able to set up a pro-life exhibit on campus.
How many other pro-life students might simply give up in the face of overwhelming administrative opposition?
Arizona Students for Life will:
- Create more pro-life student clubs. Right now, there are only three active students for life clubs in Arizona. Our goal is to triple that number by the start of the Fall 2008 semester, eventually having a pro-life presence on every campus!
- Develop existing pro-life groups. ASU has the largest and strongest club right now – but it only has 15 active members. AZ Students for Life will provide the support and oversight to grow ALL students for life groups… so they can do more!
- Create effective activism plans. AZ Students for Life will work with each campus group to lay out a detailed and ambitious plan of action to bring the pro-life message to students. AZSFL can connect student leaders to community pro-life resources to maximize their impact on campus!
- Organize and empower student leaders. Pro-life leaders will no longer be bullied by pro-abortion administrations at colleges and universities. AZSFL can provide the experience and organization to stand up to school officials. We know our rights, and we will not be silent anymore!
- Equip pro-lifers with the tools they need to change hearts, and save lives. AZ Students for Life will bring together the best minds of the pro-life movement in Arizona to train student activists how to articulate the pro-life position in a way that is both compassionate and compelling!
- Bring the message where it needs to be heard. AZ Students for Life will work with university pro-life leaders to bring pro-life talks and workshops into the dorms. Dorm life is notorious for encouraging bad decisions – and AZ Students for Life can bring sexual-health educational seminars with a pro-life focus to the students who need it most!
- Cultivate the next generation of pro-life leaders. AZ Students for Life will work with high-school pro-life clubs (and work to create them where they are needed) to bring the pro-life message to high-schoolers, and to train the future leaders of the Students for Life movement!
- Save lives! The Students for Life movement saves lives. I’ve personally seen women cancel their abortion appointments due to hearing and seeing the pro-life message brought to them by students for life groups. How many more chose life that we’ll never hear about!?
These are ambitious goals. But the students fighting for life on our college and university campuses are survivors! Remember that one-third of our generation has been lost to abortion. We know the toll this tragedy has taken on our nation, and we know that we will be the generation that sees abortion ended in America.
Click here to help Arizona Students for Life with your tax-deductible gift!
Arizona Students for Life
PO Box 7278
Tempe, Arizona 85281-7278
Phone: 602-614-6037 Email: